Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
To maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen areas utilities by performing the following duties in accordance with Sonesta Standards.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Key Job Functions
- Cleans all kitchen areas, to include pots, pans, all silver items, silverware, platters, etc, at all times.
- Sweeps and mops floors at scheduled times and on a needed basis.
- Cleans worktables, mixers, refrigerators, etc, at all times.
- Delivers food for catered functions in a timely manner.
- Cleans kitchen areas and back of house at all times, daily and nightly.
- Adheres to all Sonesta Sanitation and Safety Guidelines.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
- Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
- Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
- Establish/anticipate needs
- Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Thank everyone
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests and associates.
- Strong communication skills.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.