Space Coast Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist, South Florida
at Space Coast Credit Union
Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) is the largest state charted credit union in the space coast area with over 4 billion dollars in assets and over 850 employees. SCCU has been in business for over 65 years and continues to grow! We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to join our team in our Miramar, FL location to support the south Florida region.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the effective day to day functions of all human resources related duties to support the Organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting/employment, benefits, workers compensation, unemployment claims, leaves of absence, onboarding, data reporting, employee relations, performance management, departure process, policy implementation and compliance.
Our competitive benefit package below is available the first of the month following the date of hire!
SCCU Financial Benefits –
- Loan Discounts-Mortgage, 2nd Mortgage, Auto, Motorcycle, Boat etc.
- GAP coverage at half price
- Special Discounts
- Fixed low rate credit card
- Identify Theft Protection at no cost
- ONESCCU Bonus!! (paid annually)
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits with significant SCCU contribution
- Optional Vision coverage
- Limited Purpose and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account with SCCU matching contribution
- Long Term and Short Term Disability coverage
- SCCU Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with 24/7 referral service
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Pre-Tax Savings Plan with SCCU matching 100% of the first 5% of employee contributions
- Educational Assistance Program
- Build partnerships with the leadership team by demonstrating commitment to support business and department needs in a timely and efficient manner; placing the needs of the client group as the priority.
- Assist department leaders with recruitment and interview process.
- Source out qualified candidates by utilizing multiple resources (job postings, community outreach, etc.)
- Develop new, creative strategies to recruit qualified candidates.
- Ensure all pre-employment screenings are completed timely and properly including: background and drug testing clearances and prior employment verifications.
- Schedule and conduct new hire orientation activities including compilation of new hire paperwork.
- Monitor leaves of absences with 3rd party vendor
- Liaison for benefits questions and communications.
- Support branches and Miramar Headquarters departments with ongoing HR needs.
- Partner with Payroll to ensure timely paperwork and follow up regarding processes and compliance with FMLA, worker’s compensation, unemployment and other time sensitive matters related to benefits and deductions.
- Gather information with a sense of urgency as it relates to employee relations issues.
- Support department leaders in staff counseling efforts, disciplinary action and / or terminations (departure processes) to ensure consistency, fairness and in compliance with policies & procedures; as well as legal regulations.
- Execute and enforce employee handbook, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate ongoing supervisor and employee training as needed.
- Inform supervisor of all sensitive requests.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for southern region: orientation supplies, SCCU shirts, Miramar HR office supplies.
- Other related duties as necessary may be assigned to ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the department, Miramar Operations Center and the Organization.
- 3-5 years experience as a Human Resources Generalist is required.
- 3 years prior experience with multi-level recruiting (10-15 requisitions) at a time-is required (creating job postings, sourcing, conducting phone interviews, scheduling interviews for hiring Managers and obtaining feedback in a timely manner).
- Must have good presentation skills for New Hire Orientation and other projects as assigned for client group.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience using applicant tracking system is preferred.
- Proven success achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to effectively manage and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Working knowledge of labor laws and standards.
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy, meet deadlines and ensure confidentiality.
- Experience with HR Software: ADP, Taleo, Ultipro, Performance Pro, Edge, is helpful
- Must be able to travel to Melbourne, FL Headquarters location no more than once a quarter, no less than once a year for 1-3 days at a time.
Education and Training:
-Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or human resources is required. Relevant equivalent experience may be considered as a substitution.
-PHR or SHRM-CP Certificate is preferred