Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Sales Engineer – Public Sector (SLED)
at Splunk Inc.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be actively responsible for actively driving and handling the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. As a valued Splunk SE, you will also be able to answer technical inquiries from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will discern all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer happiness through all stages of the technical sales cycle, and you should also establish and nurture positive relationships with our customer's technical staff.
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fla
Roles and Responsibilities:
- We seek talent who will challenge customers in how they are thinking about their problems
- You will also challenge Splunk and be heard in how we serve our customers
- Enlighten and provide insight as to how Splunk can dramatically change customer operations
- Nurture customers toward the realization that Splunk is the only solution of its kind
- Identify, encourage and build Splunk champions within your customers
- Commit to customer success and learn new things.
- Celebrate your customer’s success (You’ll be doing a lot of this)
- Understand which word is in every bullet above. Figure that out and you will understand your mission at Splunk. Have fun!
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers:
- Are visionaries who demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
- Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it
- Love technology, but more relevantly love articulating our exciting technology
- Embrace preparation to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
- Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
- Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
- Possess and demonstrate conviction regarding the value of Splunk
Highly desirable attributes:
- Practical experience with Federal Acquisition processes (RFC, RFI, RFP, etc.)
- Practical experience reviewing and drafting responses to Federal requests for comment, requests for information, requests for proposals, et cetera is helpful
- Passionate about crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Validated experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CIO, CISO, CIO, technical partners, etc.
- Committed to delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical staff -- experience doing so with Splunk is highly desirable
- Experience administering both Linux or Windows systems - Linux expertise is also helpful
- Experience coding / scripting to automate common tasks (Python, bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Prior technical sales / technical services experience 5+ years
Other desirable differentiators:
- Collaborative experience at a Federal Systems Integrator in a client-facing technical role
- Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context
- Experience designing and implementing analytic dashboards or other visualization improvements in a production environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study - equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Sense of humor!
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!