Starwood Retail Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager - Wellington Green
at Starwood Retail Partners
The Business Development Manager for The Mall at Wellington Green will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of license agreement administration, real estate analysis and site submittal presentations, in addition to supporting the leasing team from a legal research and financial analysis perspective. This position is based in Wellington, FL.
- Accountable for driving revenue by prospecting new and working on renewal of short-term License Agreements and long term Leases identified by the company.
- Identify, qualify and secure retailers through cold-calling and canvassing.
- Canvass the region to find and develop retail operations and concepts for the shopping center and funnel useful contacts and ideas to corporate.
- Maintain and update prospect / deal activity regularly.
- Manage deals through all stages from call-calling, negotiation, unit designs, fully executed agreements, move-in, set-up and sales reporting management.
- Meet and or exceed projected income goal.
- Monitor specialty retailers’ activities and resolve problems in conjunction with the shopping center’s General Manager.
- Monitor and ensure visual merchandising requirements and standards are met.
- Evaluate retail mix to determine potential specialty retailer concepts.
- Negotiate rents and terms with specialty retailers in accordance with company guidelines.
- Develop relationships with specialty retailers to encourage repeat business and referrals.
- Monitor fixture inventory and permanent specialty retailers’ exclusives and restrictions.
- Oversee and monitor specialty retailers’ payments and sales reports in conjunction with mall staff.
- Interact with local government to ensure compliance to all ordinances and regulations.
- Negotiate, generate and enforce provisions of the license agreement and lease.
- Review and approve retailer set-up, signage, and build-out where necessary.
- Collect and monitor weekly/monthly minimum rent and percentage rent.
- Input license fee information, sales, etc. into database.
- Write maintenance orders and follow up on performance.
- Deliver timely and accurate data through completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Monitor insurance and business/tax/licenses of specialty retailers.
- Coordinate specialty retailers’ move-in and move-out with staff, maintenance, and security.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a professional with demonstrated experience in the role or a similar role. Strong preference for candidates with regional mall experiences.
Experience and Training:
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in the business development, specialty leasing and/or leasing fields.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deal making, prospecting, networking and leasing experience
- Must have strong closing skills
- Ability to travel by automobile and air, and to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Good computer skills including spreadsheet and database applications.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a broad constituency.
- Results-oriented and high energy.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with database systems.
Starwood Retail provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.