Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Manager, Operations in Davie, FL at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
Who we want
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
- Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
What you will do
The Associate Manager, Operations is responsible for the direct supervision of non-exempt staff and will be responsible for the successful performance of the team with regard to business metrics, as they are affected by the non-exempt staff.
Specific responsibilities of the Associate Manager, Operations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct non-exempt team members, across all shifts, toward achieving daily production goals, track daily performance, and provide timely feedback to the team
- Actively lead operations processes to ensure all products meet/exceed established quality standards (e.g. cGMPs)
- Drive compliance to FDA, ISO and Company requirements
- Champion efforts to comply with all safety, quality and operational documentation (e.g. TPM) requirements and practices
- Deliver communications to non-exempt team members across all shifts so as to ensure the team’s achievement of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Talent objectives
- Manage the performance of non-exempt team members to include:
- Writing and delivering performance appraisals
- Administering disciplinary action when warranted
- Providing positive recognition when warranted
- Liaising with Human Resources to ensure consistency in administration and compliance with Company policies
- Focus on the development of high potential employees
- Manages/coach/mentor/develop non-exempt team members to encourage and support a high performance work culture
- Ensure all employees are provided with proper training and development; monitor and drive timely training completion
- Manage non-exempt timekeeping and monitor employee attendance (e.g.: start time, breaks, etc.) via KRONOS; manage employee vacation schedules and coordinate production schedules around quarterly meetings, planned vacation, etc. to ensure customer needs will be met
- Monitor and ensure that proper staffing levels are maintained and produce contingency plans for coverage in times of high volume, heavy employee vacation periods, etc. When needed, this will include directing the work of any assigned temporary staff and other associated responsibilities
- Ensure the effective delivery of periodic business performance reviews
- Actively participate in and act as “point of contact” for all Environmental Health & Safety related matters
- Lead 5S efforts as they relate to the team and work space
- Participate in problem-solving and implementing process improvements, including Lean Manufacturing related initiatives
- Ensure the efficient use of materials/supplies
- Provide plant/cell representation, if assigned to off-shifts
- Foster relationships with internal customers to gain perspective and effectiveness when dealing with Operations issues
What you need.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
Ideal candidates will also possess the following skills/experiences:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience or equivalent leadership experience in lieu of manufacturing
- 2+ years of prior direct people management or equivalent supervisory experience is required, preferably within a factory-focused environment or 1+ years in a lead role
- Candidates without a Bachelor’s degree must have 8+ years of experience in increasingly higher levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment along with the successful completion of a leadership development program and must commit to or currently be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to drive team productivity while maintaining high levels of quality, employee engagement and morale
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to teach and coach individuals from diverse backgrounds with varying communication and technical skills. Must be able to adapt to and coach others in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills with problem-solving and process improvement orientation
- Knowledge of Lean tools (i.e.: Six Sigma, Visual, Value Stream Management) and supervisory experience in a Lean manufacturing environment is preferred
- Demonstrated communication (verbal & written), presentation, partnership and influencing skills
- Must be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction and quality/GMP compliance
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access) and MS Outlook
- Must be able to work off-shifts, carry a cell phone and to work weekends when necessary
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.