Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
Who we want
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do
The Sr. Project Engineer will support the development and introduction of new products and will work extensively with Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing Operations to take a product from design concept through production ramp up.
Specific responsibilities of the Sr. Project Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker new product development procedures
- Project manage the introduction of new capital equipment and support the associated qualification and validation activities
- Evaluate process layouts in terms of supporting new process integration while ensuring best utilization of floor space & ensuring optimum process flow
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications
- Assist in the selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches
- Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures
What you need
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or related engineering discipline is required for this role.
Ideal candidates will also possess the following skills/experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in the Medical Device, or similar, quality regulated industries
- Professional experience with manufacturing processes, materials and product and process design is required
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have working knowledge of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with CNC Machining and/or CNC Programming is highly preferred
- Experience in an FDA regulated or other highly regulated industry is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively work in a fast paced, dynamic and results oriented team environment
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.