Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer, Software Development - Surgical Robotics in Davie, FL at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team using established procedures for Agile Software Development
- Independently design and implement complex concepts and maintain existing code in C/C++
- Participate in software planning and estimating activities
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior engineers
- Maintain and improve existing engineering methods and practices
- Identify root causes of issues to determine and implement potential solutions
- Participate in verification, validation, and documentation activities
What you Need:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and five years of industry experience in professional software development, or bachelor’s degree and additional years of experience
- Proven domain expertise in software modeling, analysis, and design. ??
Required Technical Competencies:
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Object-oriented programming, analysis, and design
- Software testing and verification methodologies, such as dynamic testing, unit and integration testing, and static code analysis
- C++ development and experience with software development tools such as compilers, interpreters, programming editors, debuggers, source code control, and defect & requirement management applications
- Current working knowledge of principles of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networking
- Understanding of common software development lifecycles
Preferred Technical Competencies:
- Background in 3D graphics and geometry and skill in the use of homogeneous transformation matrices
- Linux-based software development skills;
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.