Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Configuration Engineer – Robotics Data System in Davie, FL at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a System Configuration Engineer – Robotics Data System located in Davie, Florida
Who we want
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
What you will do
- System Sustaining Engineer will provide and maintain baseline of Network data system and IT infrastructure (NDS/ITI). Evaluate modifications to services or systems baselines for availability, continuity, and cybersecurity integrity.
- Ensures systems documentation is up-to-date and accurate to include all systems drawings and configuration management for the systems.
- Maintains technical expertise of the assets and capabilities of the total NDS/ITI including the processing protocols, processes, operational procedures, and critical issues pertaining to maintenance and security within the IT infrastructure.
- Supports all facets of contingency planning/DR COOP to ensure services are not interrupted.
- Maintain system configuration matrix
- Monitor system performance, failures and identified bugs in the network system
- Assess impact of security patches and bug fixes across all system components
- Work with operation team to assess impact of infrastructure changes and upgrades on system performance, availability and security
- Manage system architecture and feature design integrity with System Architect and System Feature Owners
- Participate in Change Management Board to assess change impact and create change plan with other stakeholders
- Work with external vendors to assess changes to existing software capabilities, security bulletins and end-of-life bulletins.
- Work with Program Management to develop appropriate CIP program deliverables to manage performance, availability, capacity, scalability and security.
- Lead root cause analysis (RCA) with IS operation and software development teams for communication to internal stakeholders.
- Look at overall defect trends and identify software modules and applications for re-factoring.
What you need
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- 3 years of IT operational experience with operating complex software system
- 1 year of experience with DevOps tools and methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting IT and software issues
- Software system support in a cloud computing environment is desired
- Knowledge of IT operational frameworks like ITIL
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.