Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Estimator - Concrete
at Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc.
- Job Location : Location
- US-FL-Pompano Beach
- Regular Full-Time
Supports the Concrete Division and company established revenue goals by leading the cost estimation efforts for concrete related projects. Facilitates the project’s ability to increase profit margins while maintaining exceptional quality.
If you are a proven performer who enjoys working on collaborative teams, thinking outside the box and exceeding expectations, you may qualify for an exciting and rewarding career at Liberty Construction Services.
- Prepares estimates and issue proposals for concrete services after reviewing design documents, drawings, specifications, and completing quantity take-offs.
- Maintains strict adherence to company standards as related to estimating and project management.
- Organizes and properly distributes all construction documents in a timely and professional manner.
- Solicits, qualifies and negotiates quotes with various vendors in an effort to obtain the most economical cost for supplies, equipment and sub-contractor labor.
- Attends de-scope meetings, reviews proposals and negotiates with clients.
- Solicits work from repeat clients as well as aid in the sales effort to bring in new business.
- Continuously monitors and reviews awarded projects ensuring the value added and benefits of contracting with LCS are made available through occasional site and client office visits.
- Provides customer service, coordination and management to both clients and LCS employees throughout the duration of awarded projects for items such as scope, contract reviews, material/supply procurement, submittals, change orders, field coordination, progress billing, project close-out tasks, mentoring and training.
- Analyzes the success of projects upon completion and identifies methods and strategies for future estimating or execution improvement.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Contributes to implementing standards and best practices aimed at increasing efficiency, productivity and safety of all office and or field staff.
- Transitions awarded projects to project management and accounting by creating budgets, schedule of values, schedules, and conducting “hand off” meetings to other team members, etc.
- Participates in the preparation of detailed concrete construction schedules.
- Plays a major role in pre-construction/constructability review planning activities for awarded projects as well as budgets.
- Tracks and organizes schedule durations/productions on all projects to develop historical data for future use.
- Undertakes a variety of concrete estimating and concrete project management assignments as required to help the division grow and improve.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial construction performing cost estimation of concrete construction projects. Experience with elevated structural concrete work is preferred.
- High degree of concrete construction knowledge and analytical skill.
- Proven ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with PC computers and software, including Microsoft Office, Digital Takoff Programs, Bluebeam, OnScreen Takeoff, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and Timberline.
- Advanced PC skills, specifically in a Windows environment, including collecting and analyzing data in Excel, and creating documents and preparing correspondence in Outlook and Word.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks, with an emphasis on thoroughness, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional and team oriented environment.
- Must possess Liberty’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism.
General office working conditions along with exposure to field operations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk and hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend his/her time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level and will also spend time job site walking.
Liberty Construction Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Liberty Construction Services will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Liberty Construction Services, or anyone working on behalf of Liberty Construction Services.