Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Services Project Manager
- Job ID
- Sales: Technical pre/post sales
Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
SWIFT clients are offered direct access to experts who provide support, training and consulting services to address their business and technical challenges with a focus on increasing operational efficiency, reducing costs and mitigating operational risk. The Services team in AM-UK is hiring a Project Manager to join its Services PMO group. He/she will be joining a group supporting the AM-UK Services teams and will oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of technical, business and strategic projects. He/she will manage all aspects of the projects from initial client engagement to go-live. This position requires expertise in on-boarding new customers, strong project management skills and knowledge of Alliance portfolio. The Project Manager will work very closely with the local and global Sales, Pre-Sales, Services and Commercial Support teams. In some cases he/she will also be supported by contributors from other Services team within SWIFT. In addition to his/her project management responsibilities the candidate will also be responsible for Services pre-sales/scoping activities as well as engagement with third-party partners delivering on our projects.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the project team and the client.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project; determine the time required to complete the project and develop a schedule for project completion.
- Review the project schedule with management and all other stakeholders that will be affected by the project activities (including the client); revise the schedule as required.
- Lead the design, testing, planning, and implementation of multiple complex projects.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Conduct scheduled project oversight meetings with the client and other stakeholders; constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluate alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Prioritize own and team’s work. Anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Ensure open communication with the project team. Address delicate situations and handle conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Understand how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyse the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Provide pre-sales assistance and coordinate involvement of subject matter experts for more complex projects scoping; improve processes to minimize efforts and reduce lead time to produce proposals.
- Implement and manage a robust partner management framework covering all angles of our relationship with partners: contracts & financials, knowledge & expertise, projects monitoring, customer satisfaction and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the financial services, in a business analysis or project management role
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including MS Project
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Management of Technical and Integration project experience preferred
- Proven experience in people and/or project management
- Strong customer focus with strong networking and interpersonal abilities
- Previous (technical) knowledge and experience with SWIFT’s Products and Services is an asset
- Excellent analytical, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken
- Must be willing to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 20% of the time