TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student
- Demonstrate a variety / range of student learning modalities in each lesson
- Frequently utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning
- Maintains accurate and complete student records
- Frequently evaluates student strengths and weaknesses, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations
- Coordinates class field trips
- Prepares students for state required achievement assessments
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate
- Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
- Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and students needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
- Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums.
- Cooperates with members of the administration and other staff.
- Maintains confidentiality about students.
- Attends parent communication activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities as required.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS).
- Strong student orientation.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the Company may find appropriate and acceptable.