TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kindergarten Teacher-Palms West Charter School
at TC Howe Community High School
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42544a5e-e384-4d60-9dcb-0e09af738316
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the company’s philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted courses of study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student.
- Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those lessons.
- Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent basis.
- Maintains accurate and completes student records.
- Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel.
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations.
- Coordinates class field trips (as required).
- Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school's curriculum.
- Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
- Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
- Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and students needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
- Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums.
- Cooperates with members of the administration, other staff and with CSUSA.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student records.
- Participates in parent communication activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive school culture and provide support for students and staff (as required).
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation, and feedback techniques.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.