TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Custodian - Red Apple Services
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The On-Call Custodian shall:
- Clean assigned areas:
Interior - Hallways, Restrooms, Offices, Classrooms, Multi-purpose Room, and any other area assigned by supervisor
Exterior – Perimeter of school building, parking lot, playground, windows, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Empty Trash from any and all trash receptacles.
- Dust FF&E, window sills, air vents and any other area assigned by supervisor.
- Clean and sterilize restroom facilities.
- Clean up bodily messes including vomit, feces, urine and blood in accordance with training per OSHA standards.
- Remove waste in cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with cleaning cafeteria tables.
- Keep cafeteria floors at an acceptable level of cleanliness.
- Sterilize all high use areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and any other harmful agents.
- Assist Lead Custodian with cleaning projects or tasks.
- Assist with the creation and aide in building preventative maintenance processes and monitoring systems for extended life of facility related components.
- Travel may be required to nearby schools or warehouse/storage facilities.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and janitorial sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and mandated safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Facilities Supervisor.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies.
The Facilities Supervisor I, II or III, as applicable, will assess effectiveness annually with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities in coordination with school administration, maintenance coordinators and lead custodian:
- Must carry hand-held radio at all times while on school property if assigned by Supervisor.
- Must stay on school property at all times – from beginning of work day until the end of the day, including during lunch periods.
- Assigned a 30-minute lunch break, but the time of the lunch period will be changed according to the school’s needs. All On-Call Custodians are required to report and assist with all emergency situations as needed.
- No On-Call Custodian is allowed to leave campus to run errands (personally or for the school) without permission from their Facilities Supervisor.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
Due to the requirements for the Facilities and Custodial Support Teams to ready all facilities for an emergency encounter, after notice of, but prior to, any Storm, Natural Disaster or other emergency, employees desiring PTO must document a Special Need, either an illness, dependent obligation or other issue. These issues and the need for early PTO are to be approved at the sole discretion of Management. Any leave taken without Approval and/or documentation identifying the reason, constitutes Job Abandonment and is grounds for termination under this policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of basic janitorial trade including the ability to understand, communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Must be able to understand proper mixing and appropriate use of custodial supplies and chemicals. Ability to perform low level mathematical functions and calculations.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local building and fire codes, and inspection processes.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office software, ability to utilize time and material tracking programs.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements for the position.
- Education – minimum high school graduate with continuing education construction or facilities related.
- Experience – A minimum of 1 year of janitorial trade experience.
- Special Qualifications –Must possess the above knowledge, skills, and abilities (Skills and Knowledge). Working knowledge of floor machinery and finishing process preferred but not required.
- On-Call Custodians are expected to be available at any time of day or night between the hours of 6am to 11pm, usually with short notice, to carry out their working duties.
- The On-Call Custodian is expected to call back in at least 1-2 hours to report for duty or decline the hours.
- Hours will range from a minimum 4 hours to a maximum of 8 hours per shift, but no more than 40 hours a week.
- Excessive declines for available shifts can lead to separation.
- Must be able to perform the physical aspects of the job such as climbing ladders; carrying items up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally; continuously walking or standing.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA’s policy.
The Charter Schools USA Employee Services Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Employee Services Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.