TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Permanent Substitute Teacher
at TC Howe Community High School
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6e56c6ed-8933-4ad7-8aea-2b15e014bf27
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - 10 Month Position
- Reviews with the principal, supervisor and/or designated teacher the plans and schedule to be followed during the teaching day.
- Teaches the lessons prepared by the absent teacher.
- Reports in writing the day’s activities at the conclusion of each day and provides other feedback as requested by the building principal.
- Follows all school and CSUSA policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Consults, as appropriate, with the building principal and/or supervisor before initiating any lesson or other procedure not specified in the teacher’s plans.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classrooms to which they are assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and at other times during the school day as requested.
- Maintains appropriate student behavior at all times throughout the school day for assigned students.
- Maintains good relations with the faculty and staff of the district.
- Treats information about students and staff with utmost confidence.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Time Management – Prioritizing, Organizing, Scheduling
- Computer Basics – Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Communication – Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Completion of District’s Substitute Workshop.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual schools working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA’s Policy.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the CEO or the VP of Human Resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.