The Fresh Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Receiving Specialist
at The Fresh Market
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Talent Areas
- Postal Code
- Position Type
As a Store Receiving Specialist with The Fresh Market you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all deliveries, vendors and recycling, as well as receiving all merchandise, processing credits, department invoices and weekly purchase summaries. Receiving Specialist will split their time on a weekly/daily basis with the Grocery Department, where they will assist the Grocery Specialist and the department with daily tasks and assignments as directed. The Receiving Specialist will also be responsible for managing food donations and dump for the store. Receiving Specialist will also ensure a high level of guest engagement and satisfaction at all times by ensuring all orders, deliveries, dumps, and other duties are accurate, and answering guest questions regarding services and products offered.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all deliveries, vendors and recycling as well as receiving all merchandise, processing credits, department invoices and weekly purchase summaries; will also be responsible for assisting in the Grocery Department with day to day tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to stocking, merchandising, and working with guests.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality working and shopping experience; ensuring orders and shipments are organized and properly placed in the back of the store; Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; Maintaining proper product assortment and inspecting shipments for quality and quantity issues; Maintain organization and distribution of store mail.
- Develop and implement routines to ensure food is in date and in stock, including but not limited to, rotation of stock, working back stock; demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate store dump and donated product.
- Work with computers and computer based programs for ordering, sign creation, inventory and email communication, as well as various other computer programs as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and conditions of the backroom through utilizing, assigning tasks and following up on the department cleaning schedule.
- Maintain proper product assortment, ordering, pricing, merchandising, and inventory control to achieve required margin. (e.g. Quarterly Inventory, Cycle Counts, Weekly reset audits, Weekly tag changes); Maintain supply inventory including both processing the order and organizing supplies upon arrival.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and assist in other departments throughout the day; Maintain organization and sanitation in coolers, desk area and work stations.
- Demonstrate the ability to support and engage guests through regular sampling in the Store.
- Quality and safety duties include inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of product. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to. Must keep backroom cleaned and organized to company standards as well as washing maintaining the backroom to company standards. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Managing Partner or Store Manager. Must wear approved non-slip shoes.
- Maintains excellent communication within the department and store management at all times.
- Directly participates in on-the-job training efforts in the department.
- Addressing and greeting guests; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and work across departments to provide and assist guests in finding complete meal solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and guests.
- Working knowledge in receiving preferred.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, merchandising and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior guest focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, lifting, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10 – 60 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 80 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- The safe and proper handling of knives, box cutters, and equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any team member. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.