The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL INSTRUCTOR, ACADEMIC IWTF
at The Geo Group
Facility: South Bay Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conduct entry-level class A Commercial Driver License (CDL). Instruct defensive driving techniques and educate students on the safe and professional operation of a Class A Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) in accordance with Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal and State regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Successful instructor will coach trainees in the skills necessary to be a professional truck driver.
- Provide safety oversight throughout all training evaluations in accordance with course curriculum and safety policy.
- Observe, mentor and make recommendations respective to individual training and developmental needs.
- Evaluate students individually on their operational skills and assist their progress during each training evaluation according to course curriculum.
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues and adherence to FDOT regulations.
- Train students in areas of weakness through constructive feedback and adult learning processes.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Six (6) years of full-time experience in CDL driving required.
- Active CDL license required.
- Must obtain a temporary vocational teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Corrections within twelve (12) months of hire date.