The Interpublic Group of Companies, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Area Controller
at The Interpublic Group of Companies, inc.
Job Reference #: 011714
- Perform site visits to region in accordance IPG requirements, addressing the Risk Assessment and review of all the controls in scope to evaluate the effectiveness of different market's compliance with company policy and the internal control framework. Documentation /presentation of site visits testing and results.
- Assists local financial personnel with updating controls documentation, monitoring of issue status/remediation efforts and with the development/implementation of action plans and monitoring control effectiveness.
- Provide quality assurance around assessment of work performed by Agencies.
- Investigate compliance with SOX and Standard Policies & Procedures, and US GAAP.
- Support Business Controls and Regional reporting Ad-hoc projects
- Review and Analysis of Financial Reporting information: monthly variance analyses of month-to-date, quarter-to–date and year-to–date financials against prior periods and budgets/forecasts, working with country CFOs and Controllers to obtain explanations as needed.
- BA Accounting, CPA or equivalent 3-4 years relevant experience
- Financial analyst for international business
- Internal / External audit experience is highly desired
- Financial system experience / Hyperion / Computer Technical literacy
- Knowledge of USGAAP, Local GAAP and SOX
- Knowledge of SAP-FICO is a Plus
- Overall understanding of Financial Reporting
- Language: Fluent in English and Spanish - (Portuguese a plus)
- Travel: approximately 30% of the time
- Hyperion knowledge is a plus
- Managing multiples priorities and being flexible/open to taking on new challenges and responsibilities
- Results driven, Team Work
- Organized and personal discipline
- Easy relationship builder and communicator
- High integrity and ethics
- Listening, Composure
- Manages challenging situations
We, Interpublic Group (IPG), are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.