Titan America LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cement Shift Mechanic
at Titan America LLC
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for a Shift Mechanic for our Pennsuco Cement Division in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the Production Department and will report to the Production Supervisor. This is a high skilled position requiring the ability to perform repair and maintenance of mineral processing equipment. General supervision is received from an immediate lead man and supervisor.
- Perform all required safety checks and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Provide mechanical maintenance, including repairs, lubrication, welding, alignment and any necessary functions to operate.
- Repair and maintain engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines as necessary.
- Inspect used parts to determine change in dimensional requirements.
- Remove and install pulleys, bearings, conveyors, drive belts, pumps, speed reducers, make adjustments, and repairs to mineral processing equipment as required.
- Maintain shop equipment and acquire parts and tools as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on mineral processing plant equipment.
- Prepare parts lists from digital or printed part manuals.
- Operate light mobile equipment, such as forklifts, overhead cranes, and portable welding machines.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and make repairs on mineral processing plant equipment.
- Maintain exterior, interior shop and work area cleanliness according to company policy and industrial waste handling procedures.
- Maintain records of work performed.
- Communicate over a two-way radio.
- Perform safety inspections and actively participate in the safety committees.
- Perform utility tasks such as shoveling, water hosing, and others when required.
- Must be able to work during kiln outage.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts as necessary.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions to carry out sufficient repair orders.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics.
- Ability to maintain basic records for repair work done.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks properly and in a timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and of related safety practices.
- Ability to interpret technical service manuals.
- Ability to operate personal computer and knowledge of basic computer applications, including computer generated parts and service manuals.
- Must be able to enter and retrieve data from a computer.
- Ability to read blue prints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Maintain a current Florida Driver’s License and a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Able to walk, kneel crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to weld pipes and steel.
- Thorough knowledge of the operating and repair characteristics of a variety of fixed mineral processing equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices used to diagnose equipment problems (by use of computerized test equipment where applicable).
- Must be able to operate mobile cranes (certification is required, Titan will offer certification upon satisfactory completion of training).
- Ability to weld and fabricate from blue prints.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Three-Year Recently Separated Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, or other protected status.