Titan America LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment Operator - Rail Utility
at Titan America LLC
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for a Rail Utility for our Pennsuco Aggregates Division in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the Aggregates Loadout Department and will report to the Loadout Supervisor and Lead man. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all required safety checks and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Load/Switch rail cars with materials within DOT and ASTM specifications. Learn and become familiar with ASTM and FDOT specifications.
- Operate locomotive. Move and switch railcars from different tracks.
- Split trains into car batches.
- Inspect and operate the Loadout system. Inspect and clean rail cars.
- Communicate with weighmasters, loadout manager, trial scale, and loadout lead man. Continuously communicate with plant tower operator and loadout operator.
- Communicate with FEC personnel and coordinate arrival and departure of trains.
- Operate locomotives. Coordinate internal rail movements in the yard.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe manner. Report all safety and operational concerns.
- Perform all tasks as directed by the supervisor or lead person. Alternate duties may include shoveling, washing, housekeeping, or maintenance activities when directed.
- Must be willing and able to train to operate other equipment and to perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead man.
- Must be able to work day shifts, afternoon shifts, night shifts, swing shifts, weekends, and overtime as directed.
- Safety conscious work ethic always for the protection of self and all others in the work area.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak, read and write the English language preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Able to speak, hear, walk, kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks properly and in a timely manner.
- Available to work days, nights, and weekends as directed by management.
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results individually and in a team environment.
- Maintain a current Florida Driver’s License and a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- High School diploma or GED; or 3 or more years related experience and/or training.
- Technical/Vocational school training is a plus. Welding and cutting experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of limestone quarry operations preferred.
- Prior heavy equipment experience in a construction or mining environment preferred.
- Knowledge of heavy haulage equipment preferred. Ability to comprehend and apply training provided, especially related to off-highway haulage.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.