Titan America LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment Operator - Truck Driver
at Titan America LLC
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for an Equipment Operator – Truck Driver for our Pennsuco Aggregates Division in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the Aggregates Quarry Department and will report to the Quarry Supervisor and Lead Person. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all required safety checks and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Proficiently operate large haul trucks in a quarry production environment.
- Move materials to primary system as main activity and move stockpile materials as directed.
- Perform and fill-out a pre-shift inspection on heavy equipment. Inspect work areas and participate in a STA at the start of each shift.
- Follow company policies and MSHA regulations as trained, inspected, and communicated through all formats by management/supervisor/lead.
- Conduct yourself while performing duties in a manner that represents the values of Titan and shows respect to fellow employees.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe manner. Report all safety and operational concerns.
- Perform all tasks as directed by the supervisor or lead person. Duties may include shoveling, washing, housekeeping, or maintenance activities when directed.
- Must be willing and able to train to operate other equipment and to perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead man.
- Safety conscious work ethic always for the protection of self and all others in the work area.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak, read and write the English language preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Able to speak, hear, walk, kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks properly and in a timely manner.
- Available to work days, nights, and weekends as directed by management.
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results individually and in a team environment.
- Maintain a current Florida Driver’s License and a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- High School diploma or GED; or 3 or more years related experience and/or training.
- Technical/Vocational school training is a plus. Welding and cutting experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of limestone quarry operations preferred.
- Prior heavy equipment experience in a construction or mining environment preferred.
- Knowledge of heavy haulage equipment preferred. Ability to comprehend and apply training provided, especially related to off-highway haulage.
Must be able to work day shifts, afternoon shifts, night shifts, swing shifts, weekends, and overtime as directed.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Three‐Year Recently Separated Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, or other protected status.