Titan America LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Technician- Ready Mix Concrete
at Titan America LLC
The ready mix quality technician is responsible for performing accurate testing, making adjustments during production, and maintaining reliable and actionable data. Reports to the area quality manager, provides responsive and professional customer service, and collaborates with manufacturing colleagues to ensure consistent, quality concrete.
- Perform testing of concrete and raw materials in the lab, concrete plant, and at the customer jobsite; maintain clear and complete records
- Stay informed of all relevant concrete specification and customer requirements
- Work with manufacturing colleagues to plan production and make necessary adjustment during production to ensure products remain in specification
- Inspect concrete plants to ensure all quality processes are followed
- Monitor third-party testing labs
- Manage resources to ensure testing is completed accurately and on schedule
- Maintain quality database
- Adjust mix designs
- BS degree in an engineering or science discipline, or Concrete-Industry Management (CIM) degree preferred, but not required
- ACI and DOT certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Adaptable, with ability to work in fast changing circumstances and non-standard hours in response to customer needs
- Analytical and organized
- Customer service mindset
- Technology-savvy, with an ability to master industry software applications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understand necessary customer, local, state and federal specifications and standards.
- Ability to perform mix design calculations and standard engineering calculations.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to handle loading and unloading of cylinders and other physical activities as required from time to time.
- Independent and self-motivated.