Tribune Content Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advertising/ Events Intern
at Tribune Content Agency
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
This position assists in planning and executing Sun Sentinel events. Working in a team environment, the event intern supports the events team in key aspects of events including overall event communication, marketing, collateral design, event production ,onsite event promotion and logistics. This position requires the ability to be onsite at all key Sun Sentinel events from start to finish, including some evenings and weekends
- Assist account representatives with preparing & presenting event sales presentations
- Create and proof sales collateral for event packages
- Create event re-cap presentations for internal and external purposes
- Assist sales team with ordering/booking event sponsorship elements
- Create and update sales collateral or informational materials
- Assist event manager with tracking revenue and expenses
- Miscellaneous administrative support
- Assist event coordinator in managing projects completely from concept through logistical execution including the timely delivery of projects
- Research & coordinate hiring of outside vendors & ordering promotional materials
- Provide events manager with clear comparison of vendor options based on needs
- Assist with coordinating event staffing & oversee onsite assignments
- Support other event team members
- Assist with onsite ticket sales execution
- Track event deliverables (ex: logo inclusion, special event section ads, booths ect)
- Create and update event ticketing page with event details & sponsor logos/listings (Track ticket sales, attendance, RSVP’s etc for each event)
- Coordinate various advertising and social media aspects of OS event promotion
- Assist with producing, ordering or coordinating various event items including signage, giveaways, promotional materials etc.
- Distribute grass roots promotional materials throughout South Florida
- Load & unload vehicles with event supplies – pre & post event
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations and/or minimum of 5 years media experience.
Must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must be able to analyze situations and use good judgement in making decisions that affect our working relationships with our media partners, other departments within Sun Sentinel and Tribune
Ability to use office equipment and systems such as a PC, telephones, fax machines, printers, and sales systems such as Admarc etc. Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Access) Experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instrgram, Pineterest, Google+, Periscope etc.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and accessible transportation to travel on company business.
Supervisors: Works under the general direction of the Events Manager.
Internal/External Contacts: The Events Inter regularly works directly with different levels of management throughout the company to support and implement various programs; with advertising sales representatives; with numerous outside contacts and vendors related to the planning and coordination of programs; and has day to day contact with key decision makers of major advertising accounts, agencies, and the general public.
Works with other company staff members in planning and implementing cross-divisional projects and assures the smooth flow of projects into and throughout the advertising division.
Days/ Hours Needed (flexible):
Min.: 2.5 days a week 8:30am to 5:30pm
Max.: 4 days a week
**occasional nights & weekends***