Tribune Content Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tribune Content Agency
- Requisition ID
- Finance / Accounting - Management
- Position Type
This position located in Fort Lauderdale/ Deerfield Beach
The position will be a key business partner to the South Florida’s executive leadership directly supporting the teams in all budgeting and tracking matters.
Reporting directly to the Florida Regional Director of Finance, activities include assisting and maintaining the Sun Sentinel’s operating plan, providing expert financial support to the various cross functional teams for restructuring, revenue opportunities, and new partnerships and/or M&A activities. He/she is responsible for the Sun Sentinel’s financial reporting integrity, budget and forecast, accounting procedures, policies and control environment.
- To provide direction and communication to the various departments at the Sun Sentinel regarding development of planning assumptions, strategies, action plans and financial impact.
- To provide financial support throughout the Sun Sentinel including cash flow analyses, variance reporting, short-term and long-term range profitability analysis and financial projections.
- Support the Florida Regional Director of Finance and Finance Team in developing the long-term and short-term financial goals for the business and following a review process for the Sun Sentinel’s performance, products, programs against plan.
- Partner with the Sun Sentinel’s Ad VP of Sales to provide critical support and analysis to the sales team in terms of both ad revenue and commission structure/reporting.
- Ensure that accounting procedures are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Tribune Publishing’s policies.
- To provide business support in evaluation of new business endeavors, special projects and other development initiatives.
- Ensure that the reports and analyses are accurate and relevant to management decision-making.
- Serve as the primary liaison for both internal and external financial, SOX and other audits.
- Responsible for the annual budget and monthly forecast for the Sun Sentinel
- Responsible to the Florida’s executive leadership team and Regional Director of Finance in monitoring the Sun Sentinel’s profitability so that the Sun Sentinel can attain its annual revenue and AEBITDA goals.
- Working relationships:
- Key finance professionals across the organization
- Regular communication and contact with senior management and managers of other divisions regarding procedure, policy and compliance as well as profitability analysis of various products.
- Working relationships exist with the Publishing Group Corporate Office, Circulation Shared Services, Internal Auditors, and External Auditors.