Trump Hotel Collection
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bellman - 2 FT
at Trump Hotel Collection
Trump National Doral - Miami
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We will pay you $7.00 per hour and offer you a competitive benefits package which includes healthcare plans, dental, vision, company paid Short -Term and Long-Term disability, life insurance, a matching 4.5% 401K plan and many more property perks. Additionally, we offer an exclusive Associate/ Friends and Family Travel program. All of our associates are entitled to free on-site parking as well as golf.
Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Trump National Doral - Miami standards of quality. We are looking for an Evening/ Overnight Bellman, 8:30 pm 5 am.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Ensures guest knows location of room, and arranges for associate to accompany guest to room. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc. to guest.
- Works with Manager to ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement. Properly accounts for complimentary services provided by the hotel, for the guest. Assists guest with check out payments or charges. Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, responds with appropriate action and provides accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receives special requests from Towers guests, and forwards requests to appropriate associates for decisions and actions.
- Promptly answers the telephone and web inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and tells other Towers associates of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for Towers guests as requested.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attempts to communicate with guest in guest's native language.
- Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Summons associates to escort guests to/from their rooms as appropriate.
- Provides safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to the vault pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the guest.
- Operates various office machines.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
College degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
One to two years of prior guest service experience are preferred. Prior hospitality experience also preferred. Ability to speak multiple languages is desirable.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.