Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DISASTER RECOVERY MANAGER
at Ultimate Software
The Disaster Recovery Manager will serve as the IT leader to manage and develop, maintain, and lead IT disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, impact analysis, strategy selection, and documentation of IT business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. You will plan and execute regular “table top” exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as an IT coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event. Partner closely with Infrastructure and Application leaders in IT, and Ultimate Software leaders in Global Security, PRC, and other departments to align goals and objectives of the IT DR & BCP programs. Gather and process audit evidence and work with internal and external Auditors. This is a leadership process ownership and technical position requiring experience with IT recovery technologies and methodologies.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with essential IT assets and systems
- Lead the effort to create and maintain IT disaster recovery plans and documentation
- Lead the testing and rehearsal of documented disaster recovery strategies and plans partnering with Infrastructure, Application and Business leaders
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations
- Partner with IT and Business BCP leaders to develop acceptable recovery time & recovery point goals for essential systems, and maintain the listing of essential applications
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance during recovery activities
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials related to IT DR
- Stay informed about new developments and technologies related to IT disaster recovery and business continuity
- Deep understanding and experience with BCP and IT Disaster Recovery, techniques, principles, methods and supporting technologies
- Familiarity with legacy and modern application architectures & related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures, Microservices…) and of network/web related protocols. Also requires understanding of Storage and backup services
- Must understand cloud computing and using IAAS services for IT DR
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills , especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting
- Considerable knowledge and experience working with Contact Center and Telephony
- Experience with formal change management
- Able to coordinate activities between Application Owners, Technical Resources, Vendors and Auditors.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor's Degree in IT Related program or relevant experience
- Formal Disaster Recovery Education
- DR Industry certification preferred
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- 5% to 10%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.