Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HEAD OF PRODUCT, DATA SCIENCE
at Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is hiring a key leader for Xander—our world-class ML/AI and NLP product capability—to lead its strategy and roadmap across our global teams. You will work closely with data scientists and engineers in your team and teams around the organization, driving informed business results for our customers and building a product suite smart on every dimension. You will be setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning and deep learning capabilities across Ultimate's different products at scale.
Our ideal candidate will bring unimpeachable expertise, a real passion for technical problems made approachable, discernment, and the passion to push boundaries on our product suite. You will understand customer needs and delight them with solving real problems through meaningful ML and NLP. Your leadership of Xander is essential to our market position.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Strategic and delivery-focused ownership of product definition, working backward from the market need to develop both short-term and long-term positions for Xander
- Lead the full flow of data problems starting with data discovery/collection/cleaning through the production implementation of resilient models that can perform using noisy, real-world data--owning the deliverables and managing the priorities/timelines
- Communicate complex technological/data-science concepts in a clear and effective manner to your peers, leaders, and our customers.
- Lead product launch, own GTM plan and lead product operation and analytics for continuous improvement
- Represent Ultimate Software’s vision and market position in People First AI in external forums such as conferences, with industry analysts, at speaking engagements, and meetups; act as a talent magnet and spokesperson in such forums.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Proven experience in leading open-ended data science research in ML and NLP from initial ideation through to delivering the capabilities in a “production state”
- Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data injection and collection, data governance, ML/Deep Learning model building, testing and validation.
- Experience in the Agile SDLC in an enterprise SaaS environment
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills; Ambitious, results oriented, hardworking, creative thinker and a trustworthy leader
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline with 10 years of work experience
- Evangelize best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in CS, Math, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Up to 20%, including international.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.