Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
INTERNAL CONTROLS SUPERVISOR
at Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is seeking an Internal Controls Supervisor who will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of Ultimate’s internal controls program. This person will develop relationships with process owners across the organization to ensure a sustained understanding of the internal control requirements across multiple phases including risk assessment, scoping, planning, control design, documentation, remediation, deficiency evaluation, self-assessments and monitoring. The Internal Controls Supervisor will assist the Internal Controls Manager to perform these duties and provide guidance as appropriate.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Directs and owns the internal controls process in the planning, execution, and reporting phases of the controls program.
- Formally assess the current environment through a review of existing controls documentation; understanding the reasoning for the in-scope applications, process cycles, accounts, and entities.
- Support process owners throughout all phases of the Internal Controls Program.
- Partner with Internal Controls Manager to identify risks, develop action plans and monitor completion.
- Lead and collaborate with management on understanding the changes within their process to identify areas of opportunities to minimize financial risk by proactively identifying risk and mitigating controls.
- Review all deliverables of the team inclusive of narratives, control test sheets and flowcharts prior to distribution to internal stakeholders or external auditors.
- Provide support to the Corporate Controller in managing the needs of external auditor for both USG Consolidated audit and statutory audits.
- Effectively manage direct reports to accomplish functional objectives, encourage teamwork, motivate to meet expectations, supervise and coach direct reports in day-to-day responsibilities and ensure work is completed timely and accurately.
- Continuously develop accounting staff by providing feedback and opportunities for growth. Specific responsibilities include: Training and coaching, providing work direction, performing evaluations, hiring, and conducting disciplinary actions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5-7 years of accounting/internal control experience, including 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Must have knowledge of US GAAP, Purchase Accounting, ASC 606 and ASC 842
- An individual who looks for opportunities to drive continuous improvement and understands how to adapt to changes as a result of operational improvements or system changes
- Exceptional analytical skills, problem-solving skills, organizational savvy, high energy, strong initiative and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to be a team player
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Limited travel upon request (less than 10%)
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.