Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STRATEGIC SOURCING SENIOR SPECIALIST
at Ultimate Software
The Enterprise Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist will be an integral part of the Procurement team and be an integral part of Ultimate Software’s growing procurement team. He/she will identify, lead, and deliver Strategic Sourcing initiatives related to IT, Professional Services, Facilities, and other needs which support the entire enterprise which will deliver measurable value to the organization through lower costs and improved service levels while addressing current and future business needs. The ideal candidate will not only be excellent in creating and executing strategy but will also be exceptional in his/her ability in the end-to-end sourcing process by leveraging knowledge of direct and indirect related services and categories. In addition, he/she is high energy, forward-thinking, progressive, and understands the seven-step sourcing process with a past track record of significant accomplishments.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business leaders to develop and manage strategic sourcing initiatives for related third party spend. This includes identification and implementation of procurement strategies through analysis of current spend, contracts and supply base, analysis of supply markets and market trends and identification and understanding of key cost drivers.
- Oversee the Request For (RFI/RFP/RFQ) process in collaboration and internal stakeholders, leading supplier negotiations and building effective supplier relationships.
- Lead fact-based supplier negotiations and progressive supplier relationship management activities. Identify major savings opportunities and develop action plans by analyzing current-state category sourcing strategies and develop action plans to achieve those goals while meeting customers and local requirements/standards;
- Reviews documentation and legal draft of contracts/agreements, ensuring contract/agreement requirements are met, and works directly with key stakeholders to ensure contract/agreement language and requirements are appropriate and complies with USG policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates program needs with internal team members and external stakeholders, ability to build stakeholder trust and influence change.
- Effectively deals with conflict inherent in procurement operations between suppliers and stakeholders,
- 4 years leading strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing best practice category management methodology (“six-“or “seven-step process”) with a large multi-national corporation or leading management consulting firm
- Deep market knowledge and familiarity with all strategic sourcing process across a broad category of spend categories.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain Management or other closely related field and/or 8 years of supply chain management experience.
- ISM, APICS or other supply chain management certification is a plus.
- Training and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma practices.
- E-Procurement, e-RFX/RFI, supplier information management experience preferred
- 5% to 10% Domestically
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.