United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Under the supervision of the Housekeeping manager, the Housekeeping Attendant is responsible for environmental cleaning and disinfecting. This individual performs a variety of routine cleaning functions in assigned area to maintain a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
- Completion of high school education or equivalent preferred. Must be able to read, write and follow instructions.
- At least two to six months of experience as an Environment Attendant. Hospital experience preferred.
- Possess the ability to follow established cleaning methods in performing daily tasks.
- Possess the ability to perform routine repetitive cleaning of assigned patient rooms, offices, rest rooms and other areas.
- Must be able to keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Possess the ability to perform periodic or situational duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Position qualifications and requirements for the House Keeping/Orderly
- Provide patient with warm blanket.
- Place appropriate stretchers (eye or standard) in bays.
- Make nametags for stretchers using last name, first initial. This is usually done a day or two before the surgery
- Tapes nametag to appropriate stretcher.
- Restock all bedside-cart with caps, gloves, etc..
- Restock bathrooms with towels, gowns, belonging bags and other supplies.
- Stock dietary supplies – coffee, juices and snacks and keep inventory.
Notify Material Manager when supplies are low.
- Changes needle boxes when ¾ full.
- Changes linen and trash bags and take full dirty linen cart and empty in delivery corridor.
- Sanitize stretcher & pillow then apply new linens.
- Assist RN with safe and expeditious discharge of patient from PACU ie assist patient to wheelchair and escort to car.
- Maintain cleanliness of medication room, soiled utility rooms and pantry.
- Understands facility's policies and procedures including knowledge of how a surgical schedule flows.
- Orientation will include OSHA requirements regarding infection control and life safety and Risk Management.