Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Trainer- Learning and Development Specialist
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Morning
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
Must have K License
Allied Universal is currently hiring a BranchTrainer to conduct training activities in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards which will include CPR/First Aid/AED; Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms); Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway); Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens and staff presentations; and evacuation drills); and other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with stakeholders (Regional Training Manager, Field operations, Security Professionals, Supervisors, Field and Corporate Training, and Clients).
- Deliver field training programs in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
- Conduct Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms) training;
- Conduct Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway) training.
- Conduct field training for Security Professionals and Supervisors.
- Deliver Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens, and staff presentations; and evacuation drills), and other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training.
- Identify, conduct vetting, and establish relationships with local area training academies in order to provide support in the form of external training opportunities.
Work in conjunction with operational partners (Human Resource Coordinators/Branch Managers) to develop practical training programs at the branch level in order to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory mandated training.
Conduct leadership training such as the Certified Security Professional program to Security Professionals and Supervisors.
Conduct special projects on an as-needed basis to support the region
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable. Certification in security, safety or training field desirable.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the fire service, security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly desired. Experience in security operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required.
- Contract security experience a plus
- Certified to teach CPR/AED
- National Rifle Association Law Enforcement Firearm Instructor License (State of Florida “K-License”) Both handgun and shot gun preferred
- Expandable Baton
- Path (Practical and Tactical Handcuffing)
- MOAB (Managing Aggressive Behavior)
- OCAT (Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training)
- (ITW) Instructor Techniques Workshop
- (PAR) Protective Action Response Training
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep on track with required information available at all times.
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all responsibilities are completed on time.
- Ability to write manuals, review and respond to written requests for proposals, training documents, and prepare extensive presentations is required. Must be highly proficient and fully functional in Microsoft programs such as Word and PowerPoint are essential, and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including PDAs, Outlook and internet applications.
- Ability to deliver specific training programs in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards; CPR/First Aid/AED; Defensive Tactics (e.g. handcuffs, pepper spray, batons, Tasers, firearms); Mobility Devices (e.g. vehicles, bicycle, golf cart, Segway); Fire Safety Services (emergency plans; occupants, floor wardens and staff presentations; and evacuation drills); provide other value-added services such as workplace violence/active shooter training.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
- Must customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in the normal course of day-to-day activities to schedule appointments in order to carry out responsibilities.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.