Univision Communications Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Univision Communications Inc.
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic media organization? Are you curious and have a passion for HR?
If so, Univision is the place for you. We are looking for an enthusiastic, effective, self-starter HR Coordinator who will perform a broad range of client support activities for several departments within Univision, including but not limited to employee interaction, Human Resources administration, and project work.
• Work with Hiring Managers, HR team, for smooth onboarding of new hires (including pre-employment steps)
• Verify I-9 documentation and ensure that I-9s are current
• Onboard staff employees in applicable HR systems
• Process data changes, promotions, timekeeper actions, and termination paperwork
• Serve as primary user for all HR systems: Workday, HireRight, Lookout Services, Kronos etc.
• Assist with maintaining employee files
• Act as the point person for the team for all benefits, payroll, and disability issues
• Respond to routine HR questions including, but not limited to benefits, payroll, vacation or redirect employees to appropriate contacts
• Conduct new hire orientation
• Keep apprised & updated on new regulations, company policies & procedures
• Timely and respectfully handling of employee inquiries
• Participate in, and support key HR initiatives, including performance management, succession planning & compensation planning
• Prepare documents, spreadsheets and presentations
• Complete Verification of Employment letters and memos
• Plan and execute employees' engagement activities
• Work on special assignments and projects, as assigned
• Set up of onsite activities such as Flu Shots, Benefits Fairs, and preparation of Bio-Metric Screenings
• May occasionally be asked to travel
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or Human Resources Management degree preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an admin capacity and familiarity with HR processes
• Passion for HR, working in a team and a willingness to learn
• Strong communication skills in English (written & spoken); Spanish fluency preferred
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to handle a high volume of work, pressure, and a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and managing time effectively
• Ability to handle sensitive personnel-related data and communication with discreteness and sound judgment
Desired Skills & Experience
• Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
• Ability to resolve employee issues
• Ability and willingness to take on the administrative duties, heavy workflow processing
• Possess a natural, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Proficiency in MS Office, Workday, ADP, Kronos experience preferred
• Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Univision Deportes Network (UDN) and Galavisión. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company’s prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.