Univision Communications Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Univision Communications Inc.
Univision is the most trusted brand by Hispanic America. We reach and engage with the fastest growing segment of the population via our multi-media platforms. Here is your opportunity to be part of a passionate and dedicated entertainment news team. Univision seeks a dynamic and innovative entertainment news producer and reporter with a passion for journalism and producing engaging entertainment news stories.
In this position you will contribute story ideas and participate actively in daily production meetings; research, write, and produce stories for air, as well perform voice-over work for program. From time to time, the person in this position will also be required to report on-air from the field. Responsibilities include:
- Research, writer and produce daily entertainment new stories
- Write scripts and record voice overs for program
- On air reporting, including producing and reporting from the field
- Work closely with Talent in the production of the program
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum four years of experience as a producer for an entertainment news program
- Strong knowledge of US Hispanic entertainment market
- Must have strong script writing skills
- Must have experience recording voice overs that appeal to wide audiences
- Must have a strong creative vision and have good editorial judgement
- Must have strong field producing skills
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Must be bilingual - English and Spanish, with strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish
- Must possess high ethical and journalistic standards
- Must be PC proficient (Microsoft Office)
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hours.
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Univision Deportes Network (UDN) and Galavisión. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company’s prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.
Como la principal empresa de medios de comunicación dirigidos a los hispanos en Estados Unidos, Univision Communications Inc. los entretiene, informa y empodera con contenido de noticias, deportes y entretenimiento en televisión de señal abierta y cable, además de audio y plataformas digitales. La destacada cartera de propiedades de la compañía incluye las cadenas de señal abierta Univision y UniMás, y las cadenas de cable Univision Deportes Network (UDN) y Galavisión. A nivel local, Univision es propietaria u opera 65 estaciones en los principales mercados hispanos de Estados Unidos y Puerto Rico. Además, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, es propietaria u opera 58 estaciones de radio, presenta una serie de eventos en vivo y tiene una robusta presencia de audio digital. La prominente cartera digital de la empresa incluye Univision.com, el servicio de streaming Univision Now, la mayor cadena de influencers hispanos y varias de las aplicaciones más populares. Para mayor información, visiten corporate.univision.com .