Univision Communications Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Univision Communications Inc.
Job Posting Title: Utility
Location: Miami, FL
Exempt: Y/N N
Univision is seeking a talented individual for a Utility role to assist the Camera Operators during show productions. Will also be tasked with assisting the Floor Manager with general studio functions including any needs that may arise on the floor.
- Pull cables for the Camera Operators during shows
- Operate teleprompter as needed
- Assist the Floor Manager with cables, sets, props and traffic on the studio floor
- Place microphones, IFB, and other related communication equipment on talent and ensure that they are working properly
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree in Television Production or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience with live studio broadcast
- Working knowledge of computers and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of set monitors and other essential studio hardware
- Comfortable with all aspects of the production
- Perform well under pressure and breaking news situations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- As this position supports a 24x7 operation, candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability, and flexibility to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed and without advance notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to work on site for extended periods of time to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as, during tropical storm/hurricane
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to work from the Miami, Florida facility
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs of equipment and cables
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Univision Deportes Network (UDN) and Galavisión. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company’s prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.