VNA Treasure Coast
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resale Boutique Sales Associate
at VNA Treasure Coast
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday (alternate Saturdays)
- Work Hours
- 9:00am - 5:00pm or 10:00am - 6:30pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a Resale Boutique Sales Associate to work in our Hidden Treasures store. This person will assist the store manager with the day-to-day operations of the resale boutique including: implements strategies to improve customer service, increase store sales, and maximize proceeds, ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient, maintains store appearance and product presentation to company standards, provides support to store volunteers during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise, and facilitates pickup and delivery of merchandise and donations. The successful candidate will be highly self- motivated and will possess strong communication skills, excellent critical thinking ability and will have superior organizational skills. Creativity in this role is a must!
- Assist with the daily operation of the Resale Boutique according to established policies and procedures.
- Accept payment for merchandise, operate cash register and process credit card transactions.
- Perform assigned daily custodial duties.
- Perform quality control of merchandise in the processing room and on the sales floor.
- Keep sales departments safe, clean and organized.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Remove undesirable and outdated inventory.
- Process donations according to established policies and procedures.
- Provide back up to other departments as needed.
- Facilitate pickups and deliveries to accommodate donor and driver time.
- Fill in for driver (van or box truck) following safety and maintenance procedures as needed.
- Assist with loading and unloading donations.
- Perform Boutique opening and closing procedures.
- Create displays and dress mannequins.
- Make signs for sales and upcoming events.
- Research items for sale on the internet when requested by manager.
- Price furniture to be sold when requested by manager.
- Schedule volunteers to fill shifts when requested by manager..
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Provide work direction to other staff and volunteers when requested by manager.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and utilize all proper equipment for lifting and hauling merchandise to practice proper safety in all aspects of job duties. Notify supervisor immediately and complete appropriate accident reporting procedure.
- Follow VNA safety policies/procedures and keep all merchandise areas safe for volunteers and customers. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the Resale Manager and Human Resources.
- Attend required department meetings and complete mandatory education by the department deadline.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
- Experience in resale/consignment operations a plus
- Ability to lift, move and rearrange furniture and merchandise
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license