Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at WestCare Foundation
Summary: Provides efficient, cost-effective, safe transportation services for population served
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain and maintain familiarity with driving procedures, defensive driving skills and all certifications and examinations as required by law and by organizational policy
- Drive vans on scheduled and unscheduled trips as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain a safe driving record and report all moving violations to supervisor irrespective of whether they occurred on duty or not
- Assure that all passengers are properly restrained during transit and that all items are securely stowed at all times during transit
- Provide appropriate supervision, support and direction to passengers in the even of an accident, vehicle fire, passenger injury, or any untoward incident. Comply with all reporting procedures in the event of such incident, including vehicle accidents.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable environment aboard vehicles at all times
- Provide loading and unloading assistance to all passengers requiring such support. Such assistance may be verbal or physical
- Knowledgeable about and operate wheel chair lifts and ramps
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality about passengers in accordance with regulations and organizational policy.
- Conduct daily inspections of vehicles and record maintenance in vehicle log
- Maintain fuel level in van by completely filling at the end of every afternoon shift or as needed
- Report any mechanical problems to Lead Driver, and/or Transportation Director immediately
- Ensures that Clinic vehicles are cleaned inside and out on a regular basis
- Education: High school degree or equivalency
- Has held a valid drivers license for at least 5 years. CDL preferred.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Drivers License with passenger endorsement
- Ability to meet GCC insurance requirements for driving an agency vehicle
- Ability to meet background and drug screening requirements
Rate dependent on experience and qualifications
WestCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WestCare is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment at WestCare is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical and criminal background check.