Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Leader - W/WW - Florida Operations
at Woolpert, inc.
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Practice Leader -Water / Wastewater - Florida Operations to be located in any of our offices in Miami, Tampa, or Orlando.
The Practice Leader - W/WW will have technical, managerial, and market access responsibilities to assist in business strategy, develop new client opportunities, and maintain existing client relationships. The Practice Leader will have a diverse background and extensive experience developing and executing wastewater collection, conveyance and water transmission, distribution, storage, pumping-station projects in the Florida market. The Practice Leader serves as the Subject Matter Expert on complex, multiple cross-discipline project teams with a focus on enhancing the client’s position. Practice Leader supervises Program Directors and Project Managers in the Water Market in Florida and reports to the Water Market Director.
- Develop and execute a business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability for Florida consistent with the strategy and focus of the Market
- Manage and is responsible for profit/loss across Water/Wastewater and Stormwater practice in Florida.
- Candidate must have business development acumen within the Florida Water Market.
- Identify and engage prospective new business leads to develop strategic Water programs
- Manage and leverage relationships to position Woolpert for large and more complex water/wastewater projects and apply thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering
- Create and secure new business opportunities and serve as the Water/Wastewater and Stormwater Subject Matter Expert throughout the sales cycle and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Build and enhance existing client relationships to identify and initiate additional sales opportunities
- Hire, establish and manage employee performance goals, provide regular feedback and work with Project Managers and Program Directors to achieve individual and Market goals
- Develop statement of qualifications, detailed proposals, project execution plans, and contracts to include project understanding, scope of work, pricing, schedule, terms and conditions; perform contract negotiations
- Review operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable company policies and performance measures
- Apply knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or project challenges
- Manage and support internal and client cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Agricultural and biosystems Engineering with focus on Water/Wastewater and/or Stormwater or related program and a minimum of twelve (12) years related experience; an MS in Civil, mechanical or Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering or related program is preferred
- Florida Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain within a six month period
- Successful track record of building client relationships in the water and wastewater field, with a reputation for being highly responsive and delivering quality work
- Strong working knowledge of water/wastewater treatment, transmission, distribution, storage and pumping business practices
- Proven industry leader with participation in professional organizations
- Must be able to travel up to 30-50% as needed to client sites throughout Florida
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Verifiable track record of client management and new business development skills
- Outstanding leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor staff
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc