Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Customer Service Agent
at Working Solutions
- Customer Service/Support
Looking to pick up seasonal work hours during and after the holidays or year-round—and do it from home?
This is seasonal, work-from-home job, you will provide personalized, tax-preparation software support. While we need agents now, the peak times will be from January 26 through April 15. You’ll do inbound phone calls and video chat customer service and technical support, handling technical support questions via phone, with video capability. Help customers who are working on tax returns with both product and software inquiries, as well as with tax software questions. Focus on interactions regarding software navigation, plus assist customers with locating prior years’ returns and amendments. Accurately assess customer requests outside of preference scope of work and route to appropriate team for customer resolution. Work from home in a fast-paced, customer-service environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Providing top-notch customer service skills while guiding callers to the right solutions for their specific needs.
- Ability to research, navigate and locate answers from webpages and resources independently in a variety of different situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate, based on a customer’s mindset.
- Demonstrate a sincere desire to assist customers and put their needs first.
- Contractors need to be flexible with scheduling and willing to work at least 10 hours a week on this program during the client's operating hours of 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday. Peak times fall between January 26 to April 15.
Education and Experience:
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in a high-volume, customer-service role (call center, retail or similar environment).
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skill or knowledge. Familiarity with operating systems, including Windows OS versions and/or Mac OS versions. Ability to install/uninstall applications. Ability to download products/applications, using various browsers.
- Experience using accounting or tax software in the past. Having prepared own taxes a plus.
- Technical Skills: Proficient data-entry skills. Ability to achieve a "Meets Expectations" rating or higher on scorecard.
- Problem-solving/Analysis: Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment. Have a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems— within time constraints and with available resources. Must be detail oriented.
- Multitasking/Time Management: Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume.
- Information Management: Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicate clearly and draw sound conclusions.
- Independent Thinking/Self-initiative: Critical thinker with ability to focus on things that matter most to achieve outcomes. Commitment to produce outcomes without direction and capable of finding necessary resources.
- Empathy/Customer Service: Customer-focused behavior, exhibiting a helping approach that includes listening, patience, respect and empathy for another's position.
- Coping/Flexibility: Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach are required.
- Computer Literacy: Ability to function in a multisystem Microsoft environment—using Word, Outlook, intranet, the internet and software applications.
- Communication/People Skills: Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances. Adapt to different styles, listen critically and collaborate.
- Commitment to Task: Ability to conform to established policies and procedures. Exhibit high motivation.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Motivated toward constantly improving. Sets high standards for self-performance. Takes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
Contractors on this program will need to successfully pass a background check to work. The background check will consist of a Social Security number verification, National Sex Offender Registry report and a criminal history check.
We are currently not accepting applications from candidates residing in California, New York, Pennsylvania, or Washington. We are only accepting applications from those that live in the US or Canada.
The relationship between you and Working Solutions is a contractual relationship. You will remain an independent contractor for the duration of this program assignment. Working Solutions will not be responsible for withholding taxes on your earnings while contracted with Working Solutions. When you receive your contract, you will be asked to agree to have no claim against Working Solutions hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, Social Security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, overtime, unemployment insurance benefits or employee benefits of any kind.