Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr. Digital Media Planner
at Zimmerman Advertising
This position works under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Plans/schedules/arranges own activities. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems.
The Integrated Jr. Digital Media Planner plans, negotiates and executes digital media campaigns for assigned client accounts. This position will have responsibility to manage day-to-day planning and analysis while maintaining strong relationships with media vendors, clients and partner agencies. The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document. These responsibilities must be directed continuously toward maintaining exceptional service to the client and providing timely deliverables, i.e., Media Plans, Point-of-Views (POVs), and related media analyses.
- Work alongside offline Integrated media planning and buying teams to provide digital insight for objectives and strategies applied to overall client media plan; Plan digital media campaign strategy in tandem with traditional media team
- Research, plan, execute and manage performance reporting and analysis/optimization efforts for digital media campaigns that may include most or all of the following: Digital Display (both rich and standard executions), Online Radio, Video, Mobile Display, Online Gaming
- Work alongside paid search and SEO teams to manage internal communications, performance reporting and budget allocation for assigned accounts
- As directed and overseen by the Digital Media Supervisor, responsible for organizing, implementing and controlling the day-to-day media planning development process including coordination among assistants
- Oversee and train assistant level employees for the support-level work they perform and also help guide their overall growth and development
- As directed and overseen by the Digital Media Supervisor, present recommendations, POVs and select analyses to clients and Account Service personnel as well as performance reporting delivered and presented to client on regular basis, often weekly
- Use digital media tools and resources as needed to research and plan client campaigns, including competitive analysis (using TNS/Kantar) and site traffic and demographic concentrations (Comscore)
- For all assigned accounts, manage client media billing approval and invoice reconciliations; Issue IATB documents for client approval and insertion orders from EAS/Landmark for all managed digital media buys
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or equivalent
- 1+ years media planning experience as an Assistant or Jr. Planner/Planner; needs to have been in digital planning capacity
- Demonstrated presentation and writing skills
- Experience negotiating with and managing digital vendors
- Experience evaluating and recommending strategy and placements for digital campaigns
- Proficiency with MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in retail, restaurant and/or franchisee operations is highly desirable
- Full service agency experience preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of various ad servers (Atlas, DoubleClick, Sizmek)
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document